Life at LIR
LIR operates two houses for men in zip code 20794, one for men in 21046, and one for women in 21046. Each house has five to eight residents.
What to expect at a Living In Recovery residence
- Five recovery activities are required on a weekly basis. These may include, but not limited to, AA/NA meetings, therapy/counselling sessions, Smart Recovery, faith based meetings, etc.
- Obtain a sponsor & home group
- Random testing for drugs and alcohol
- Obtain and maintain employment
- Develop a Personal Recovery Plan
- Pay rent on a weekly basis
- Provide your own food
- Weekly house meeting
- Share chores, be a good housemate
- One or two occupants per bedroom as decided by the House Manager
- Daytime guests permitted with prior notice. No overnight guests
LIR strives to empower residents to be responsible and self-sufficient, and to create a family environment of fellowship and support. They are encouraged to develop a Personal Recovery Plan preparing them to transition to more independent living. There is no time limit – most residents stay 6 to 12 months.
Since its inception, Living In Recovery has served over 200 residents and 65% have remained clean and sober while in residence.